Friday, June 20, 2008

.

eighteen summers

the glue remains
of a paper heart




A slight update was needed for this haiku. I can just about see some glue left from a couple of paper hearts stuck onto lamp posts from someone who had actually posted over half a dozen hearts (and a few chalk messages on pavements) on my route from work to home. It was very romantic, and her ploy worked, as we went out for a few years. ;-)


The original version:

fourteen summers
the glue remains
of a paper heart


The Haiku Calendar 2004
Snapshots Press ISBN 1-903543-07-X

.

2 comments:

John McDonald said...

nice one
john

Vic Gendrano said...

Hi Alan,

I sense there's a nice romantic story behind your haiku. You can even turn it into a haibun, if you wish.

I have wrote many times about first love, love lost, you name it and I guess I would never tire writing one. I might just share some with you one of these days.

Write on!

Vic Gendrano